Monday, February 08, 2010

 

..I can't remember, all the times I've tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass...

I'm into food and wine in a big way, a really big way. I think of a meal as an experience. I could go into greater detail but that's not the point. Anyway, of all the meal's I've made... tonight's was by far the pinnacle.

Here's what went down- A side of asparagus. I drizzled it in olive oil, covered with some freshly ground pepper and course sea salt. Baked, came out very crispy. It was simple, but the natural taste of the asparagus was allowed to force through to the front of the palate.
Main dish was a porterhouse steak, nice marble- that I marinated in some Allegro, fresh minced garlic, and rosemary- grilled med. rare then topped with crumbled blue cheese that melted slightly.

Then.. the kicker. A while ago I came across a bottle of an '05 Cabernet Franc called- The Scrapper. Normally it runs about $100, but I got it for a steal at $60. It... was... perfect.... the greatest wine I've ever had (still have some left btw).

I pulled out an old Sergi Manniov -"Chopin Classics" c.d. (just piano, you don't want an orchestra diverting your attention). Lit up a fire, and it was ON!

Everything worked symbiotically with everything else. The side dish matched the main course, the wine crescendoed the food, the music accentuated the meal, the fire gave the ambiance... it was seriously- perfect.

Life, in its moments... is wonderful.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?