Monday, January 01, 2007

 

This One Goes Out To All The CorDawgs In Da House

At one time my friend Corey had one of the greatest web pages of all time- no kidding. It was one of the best pages I’ve ever seen. Anyway he ran a bunch of lists and discussion boards about all things pop culture related, but most of all music.
Well, a few weeks ago I couldn’t sleep so I came up with two top ten lists (much in the way Corey’s page did) and I jotted them down. It made me think of my old friend, and ironically enough he contacted me a few days after. It was good to hear from him again and I decided to post up the lists.
Now, bear this in mind- I wrote these without much sleep and even less thought, ergo these are living documents, that is to say I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. Alter them and flip-flop as much as I wish. However, feel free to comment away on content.
Enjoy- and let the debates begin…

Top Ten Bands in Rock And Roll History
1. The Beatles
2. The Clash
3. The Beach Boys
4. Led Zeppelin
5. The Police
6. The Who
7. Black Sabbath
8. Beastie Boys
9. U2
10. Radiohead


Top Ten Opening Lyrics In Rock And Roll History
1. It was 20 years ago today- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. Hey, hey mamma say the way you move- Black Dog
3. I read the news today oh boy- A Day In The Life
4. Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games- Welcome To The Jungle
5. One, two, three o’clock, four o’clock rock- Rock Around The Clock
6. Are you ready- Blind
7. How many roads must a man walk down- Blowing In The Wind
8. People try to put us down- My Generation
9. Warden threw a party in the county jail- Jailhouse Rock
10. We all came out to Montreux- Smoke On The Water

Comments:
Was wide freakin' awake when I wrote that part... I'll stand by the Beasties anyday. Paul's Boutique is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Um.. Chuck. Perhaps I should have mentioned the Culture Club? (no, you will NEVER live that down.)
 
Is your Top 10 Band list "In Order"?

If so, I'm pretty sure the guys from the Police and the Who would remind you of a band called the Rolling Stones. If you don't like them I understand, but they can't really be left of a list like this, can they?


I like the opening lyrics list idea quite a bit.

"Load Up On Guns and Bring Your Friends, It's Fun to Lose and to Pretend" -Smells Like Teen Spirit

It's been over 15 years for that tune, and whether you like it or not, that song kicked the industry in the nuts, and killed Hair Metal.


"She was a girl from Birmingham, She just had an abortion, She was case of insanity, Her name was Pauline she lived in a tree"- Bodies (Sex Pistols)

I love the Pistols. I should have probably put the opening to "Anarchy in the UK", but that's too predictable, and honestly, neither should really be in the Top 10.
 
You know I'd move #8 up a little higher, but that's 'cause I view them as my generations Beatles.

Good to see you typing again, bro-ham. I guess the seven fifty-five has slowed down a bit, eh?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?