Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Nope, Not Dead

Why is it everyone who’s been off the keyboards for a while feels compelled to let people know they aren’t dead?
I work retail distribution people, I just let go of a piss from mid-October so what makes you think I have time to comment on Saddam’s execution. Dude’s dead- ‘nuff said.

So, a recap-
Got some pretty good loot this Xmas. Oh, BTW the X in Xmas is NOT some sort of ‘taking Christ out of Christmas’ thing. As a matter of fact the X is the Greek Chi which is how the early Christians spelled Christ- so relax folks.
But I digress…
Scored me some pretty good gift cards for Sears and Home Depot- I can always use those. Tools just make me all quivery inside, and with ensuing house projects the domestic muse is upon me. Well, I did spend part of the Sears card on this kick-ass percussion massager (no, not that kind of massager you sicko’s) that is like a little slice of Heaven.
Also got a lot of Under Armor stuff to work out in. Sure I look a little goofy in it, sure it’s trendy, but doggone it, I loooove the stuff.
Mom got me some nice clothes, which being one of the essentials of life are things that I need. She also got me a spatula- seems funny but it’s a really nice spatula. I’m big on cooking.
Dad got me a decorative, handmade bowl. Very chick and will never house bean dip, rather it will go on a shelf for lookin’ at purposes.
Someone else (who? Who else?- wouldn’t you like to know) got me some great hoodies. Good gravy I’m a fan of the hoodies- the perfect, all purpose, winter attire- some nice Polo shirts (the actual Polo brand, not the Polo style) and other various cool things (also got the Under Armor and Sears card, but it had a better flow when mentioned in another paragraph).

I suppose this is the climatory equivalent to talking to a pitcher during a perfect game, but here it is January 1st and I’ve yet to put on my winter coat.
This is swell. I really hate the cold, and especially the snow, but thankfully it’s been a pretty mild winter so far. Usually, ‘round here things tend to warm up around March so essentially the winter is ½ over and it has been quite enjoyable.
It did this kind of rain / sleet thing all day on Christmas, but seeing as if it could have snowed all day instead I was not complaining.
I think white Christmases are over-rated. We can probably all blame that song. Before that we just dreamed of just Christmas, and would probably rather of had them be in the mid-sixties, but then Irving Berlin had to go and write “White Christmas.”
How ‘bout “I’m dreaming of a Dewar’s and water Christmas?” That I’d enjoy.

I just noticed the other day that good ol’ Stiegfried made her way back into the circuit. Glad to see ya girl. For that matter, Jams has been keeping up the good work as well. Oh and for that matter still, Matt has moved his page. I’ll update the link when I get the energy.

Gerald Ford kicked ass. I’m not sure that’s an appropriate statement but dammit, it’s how I feel about the guy. I’ve been expecting this for a while, but none the less I was sorry to see him go.

I’m not going to comment much on James Brown. The guy was just WAY to influential to American music for me to do him any justice. Instead, just read any number of Bio’s on him, I’m sure they’re much better than anything I can come up with.

I realize there’s a lot of bowl games. I mean really, the Chick Fil A Bowl? Doesn’t really have the stoic tradion of say, the Rose or Cotton Bowl. But I don’t really mind. What the hell else are you going to do on New Years Eve Day? You need to rest up for the ensuing night anyway, so you might as well couch it and watch just one more week of NCAA football.

Had a great New Year’s Eve. Me and someone (who? Who you ask? Wouldn’t you like to know) met up with some friends at a Hibachi restaurant. I’d never been. For those of you are doing the “I’ve heard of a Hibachi restaurant, yet I can’t remember what they are,” thing- It’s one of those places where they cook the food in front of you.
Very cool.
Oh, and the food was fantastic. If I didn’t get the dog and pony show I’d still pay top dollar for the food. Man it was good.
After that we went to some other friends’ house and played this DVD based game (can’t remember the name) where they give you clues about movies and you shout out the name of the movie. Good Lord, I RULE at this game. We played guys vs. girls and the men won like 58kagillion to 10- most of which was scored by me. I aint good at much, but a Rainman knowledge of movies is one thing I can always lean on. YEAH ME!!!!

Mom made ham n’ beans today. It’s kind of this redneck thing; although she’s by no means a redneck, I don’t think Mexicans can be rednecks. Anyway, beans on New Years are supposed to bring you good luck. I hear cabbage does the same thing. Either way I’ve yet to see the correlation between culinary transporters of explosive flatulence and good luck.

Hummm, that’s all I got for now. I know it don’t seem like much but with all that I’ve been working the above is all that really happened.
Anyhoo, there are some big things afoot for Kirkopolis. I’m chewing on the details now, but stay tuned and expect the unexpected (ohhhh, intrigue. Exciting huh?).

More soon…..

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
The ONLY way I will ever play another movie game with you is if there is 12 of us against one of you! We might actually have "a chance at winning" then. No normal person knows that much about movies. You are truly related to Rainman. HA!
 
Some would like to take the 'X' out of X-Mas. What's next...taking the 'Kwan' out of Kwanzaa...the 'Rom' out of Romadan? Personally, I draw the line at taking the 'Ram' out of Rama-Dama-Ding-Dong. (d)
 
Did anyone see the thin white woman standing next to the body of James Brown? Whoops, was that? Could't be! Heck, he's hiding out in Europe. Isn't he? (d1)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?