Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Funny You Should Mention

So Corey wrote back to one of my recent posts (of which I don’t feel like linking so you'll just scroll down, work with me here people) and I decided to retort.
What he said (and said very well I might add, he’s a bright guy) is in red, while my words are in blue-

Is your Top 10 Band list "In Order"?If so, I'm pretty sure the guys from the Police and the Who would remind you of a band called the Rolling Stones. If you don't like them I understand, but they can't really be left of a list like this, can they?

Yes, it’s in order, and the Rolling Stones would be on it, if it were titled say, The Top 15 to 20 Bands… Sure Exile On blah, blah, blah Street was one of the greatest albums of all time, but you can’t base an entire career on one album- otherwise “Nevermind” and “Pretty Hate Machine” (and maybe even “Master of Puppets”) would change everything. It’s kind of like why Roger Marris isn’t in the Hall of Fame- not enough good stuff over the whole enchilada.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again- The Stones were always one step behind The Beatles.


I like the opening lyrics list idea quite a bit.

Gosh, thanks. I’m flattered."

Load Up On Guns and Bring Your Friends, It's Fun to Lose and to Pretend" -Smells Like Teen SpiritIt's been over 15 years for that tune, and whether you like it or not, that song kicked the industry in the nuts, and killed Hair Metal.

Damn well right!!! Only thing is most people don’t know those are the opening words to that song because very few people can understand what the lyrics actually are- almost as inaudible as "Louie, Louie". If I did best chorus or even more importantly, best closing line, this would be number one on both accounts. (oh well, whatever, nevermind).

"She was a girl from Birmingham, She just had an abortion, She was case of insanity, Her name was Pauline she lived in a tree"- Bodies (Sex Pistols)I love the Pistols. I should have probably put the opening to "Anarchy in the UK", but that's too predictable, and honestly, neither should really be in the Top 10.

I almost put “I am an antichrist” but I had to make way for “Rock Around the Clock.” Really, I could go either way.


…so there!!!

Comments:
I heard a rumor that The Police are going out on tour...with Sting. I'll keep you posted.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?