Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Sorry Jack


Sure the Oscars are like 4 months away, and sure everyone is already thinking ‘Best Actor’ for Jack Nicholson in “The Departed” (probably should be ‘Supporting Actor, but do you really thing anyone would dare suggest Jack would support anyone else’s performance?) but let’s not jump to conclusions.
I got me an early prediction- coming out of nowhere with the ferocious blow of a Raging Bull left hook will be the amazing and yet to be truly honored Forrest Whitaker as Idi Amin in “The Last King Of Scotland”.
I’ve seen bits and pieces and from those brief moments I’m already mesmerized by a presence that overcomes everything else on the screen. I was almost fearful of what I saw (and it was only for a few brief moments) and am quite certain by researching that I am not alone. Those who have seen the movie are simply astounded. In brief, he plays a certainly evil man with no theatrics, but with just plain evil.
The movie opens soon here in the sticks and I'll be sure to give ya a full review.

So remember my dear minions, you read it here first….

Comments:
Work less, blog more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?