Sunday, October 08, 2006

 

Screw You Fall Equinox, It Aint Fall ‘Till I Say It’s Fall- OK, It’s Fall


Made chili yesterday. Now, around my neck of the woods chili’s a pretty big deal. We’re smack dab in the middle of the country so there are several schools of how chili should be made- with beans, without beans, ground beef, stew meat, venison (deer) meat, hot, mild, 3 alarm… the list goes on for some time.
Personally I like to keep mine simple. One packet of chili seasoning, can of diced tomatoes, can of hot kidney beans, and pound of ground beef then I splash in some garlic and cajun spices. Also, no onions, EVER. At the end I’ll sprinkle on a little cheese, just to give my digestive system a goal to work toward.
Really the only major thing to factor in the whole chili making process is weather to use Saltines or oyster crackers. Now this is an important decision, especially for the first chili of the year, as it’ll take me a while to go through a whole box of either. This decision will most likely affect every bowl of chili I make for the rest of the chili eating season- big to do's.
I decided on the oyster crackers. They’re a little easier to handle, less mess, and from time to time they make for a pretty good snack.
Anyway, I made the chili and watched Notre Dame beat the crap out of Standford. Today I broke out my favorite hoodie… NOW the fall is officially here.

Comments:
Chili WITHOUT onions? Surly you jest. Did you grow up with wolves? As to meat selection, possum too, is tasty.
 
I love raw onions so much that I'd happily take a bowl of your chili and add my own onions to the top. Mmmmmm.
 
Oh, that was for the possum, not the raw onions.
 
No onions, no peppers for me. Just meat, beans, and spices.

And Saltines.


Lisa
 
--ground beef, light and dark red kidney beans for color, cooked onions, Mccormicks chili seasoning packet, and Cambell's tomato juice for the base. mmmm :)
 
campbells
 
...and for those sharing a houshold, let's not forget a generous helping of Bean-No.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?