Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Comfort Food For The Soul

Been a bad start to the week.
I either ate something bad, have the flu, or a nasty ‘just turned fall’ stomachy cold thing going on. Frankly I don’t give a hoot what I’ve come down with as long as it goes away, and soon. I even called into work today, something I rarely do. Well, actually I went in for about an hour or two to make sure everything was set up for the day, then I went home (for some reason, even though it’s very responsible of me, going in to set up then going home, as opposed to just not coming in at all, makes me feel more guilty than the latter). From there I went back into bed and then slimed my way out around 8am.
You know what would make me feel better? Not Theraflu, not Nyquil, not penicillin, but a nice grilled cheese sandwich with a side of tomato soup.
A few things about this most honored of comfort foods-
First, you must use milk, not water in tomato soup.
Second, one must remember that the soup is used for the purpose of dipping, not sipping.
Third, try putting a little honey on the sandwich before grilling it- surprisingly good.
Fourth, and most important, said sandwich must be smushed with the spatula before serving. This, my dear legions of readers, is vital.

Other comfort foods of note:
Hot dogs and potato chips
Macaroni and cheese
French Toast- for dinner
Chicken noodle soup,
Honeycomb cereal, dry- no milk
P.B.&J- cut in half, diagonally

Comments:
Ugh, tomato soup. But I agree with you on the other things.

Neither one of my kids likes grilled cheese. They were obviously hatched from someone else's eggs. There is nothing better than a good grilled cheese sandwich, some Ruffles potato chips, and a dill pickle spear.

Food of the gods.

Lisa
 
Comfort food is chili with lots-o-onions and possum.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?