Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Like Finding The Holy Grail, Only It’s Cereal

So I’m at the grocery store today, without a list so I’m buying much more than I intended, and what do I come across?
BooBerry cereal, that’s what.
OMG (that’s ‘oh my God’ for you non-texters) I can’t believe I found some BooBerry cereal!!! My brother and I used to beg for that as a kid, but since its 99% sugar my mom rarely ever let us get it. Mom was funny that way; we probably would have had better luck asking for the keys to the car and a bottle of gin. ‘Bout the time I got old enough where I could ‘handle’ my cereals, Booberry went away, leaving behind its sister cereals- Frankenberry and Count Chockula.
But here it is, in my grocery bag (along with a packet of chili seasoning that’s not mine, must’a been a bagger mistake- score). I suppose they brought it back for Halloween or something.
In a way I’m not really looking forward to it- after all its blueberry flavored cereal. I’m sure there’s a reason it’s not mainstream. None the less it will be; pardon the phrase usage, forbidden fruit that I’ve longed for going on 30 years.

Comments:
I remember booberry! I still have to get Count Chockula once a year.
Every once in a while we'll start going down the list of childhood cereals, saying, "Remember Dig'em smacks?"
 
Oh Shari, you spring up memories of Quisp and the Honeycomb Hideout.
 
I like how you just had to BUY the Boobery, but then you weren't looking forward to eating it. The impulse was SO STRONG that you spent the money, only to have it sit there while you read the box. Every now and then I crave a box of Lucky Charms, for the marshmallows mostly. I still, as an adult, buy Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter. Mmmmmmm.
 
Ha! I can't believe this! This was a trivia question the other night. BooBerry is making his comeback...

BooBerry: "Don't call it a comeback...I've been here for years."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?