Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

This Post Goes Absolutely Nowhere And Therefore May Not Necessarily Warrant A Title- None The Less I Suggest You Read It

I was on vacation this week and got very well re-accustomed to lying on the couch and doing nothing. Didn’t even ride.
Really, doing nothing is harder than you think. First off you have to resist the urge to eat a lot. I eat when I’m bored; it’s strange because my body actually tells me that it’s hungry.

I went to a hot air balloon race on Saturday. If you’ve never been to one you should go, wait around ‘till dusk, they do this thing where they fire up the propane and it lights up the entire balloon. It looks really cool at night. It’s a photographer’s wet dream. I didn’t bring my camera but took this with my phone-









Celebrity I’m in love with this week-
Parker Posey.














It’s raining out today and I have a serious sinus headache. So my last day of vacation ends like the first- a sloth on a couch.

This From IMDB
Former child star Haley Joel Osment has been charged with drunk driving and marijuana possession following his car crash in Los Angeles last month. The Sixth Sense star, 18, was formally charged with the misdemeanors yesterday in Los Angeles. According to website Tmz.com, the teenager has also been charged with driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher and the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher. The charges relate to his car crash last month, after Osment lost control of his Saturn and collided with a brick pillar in a Hollywood suburb. The young actor was treated for a broken rib and a shoulder injury at a nearby hospital.

Man is that a sad tale of fame lost or what? What happened to this kid? How tragic. I mean… a Saturn?

Although I’ve been doing really well as of late I kind of had a set-back this week. We closed on the house which was nice as I got a good deal of money from it, but at the closing I realized that it could be (and probably will be) the last time I see Jennifer. She’s moving where her work is (‘bout an hour away) and I really don’t see any reason why our paths should cross again. On one hand it’s a good thing as it forces me to move on (the same kind of good that my moving out did in the first place) but on the other hand she’s a friend whom I’ve spent the last few years of my life with. Time I know will take care of things, but until then I’m probably going to be moping around with a strange craving for tomato soup and grilled cheese.
I truly do wish her all the best.

My new truck is getting over 300 miles on a tank of gas. Sweet.

I bought a bag of Toasted Wheat Thins and I can’t stop eating them. I guess that counters the ice cream sandwiches I’ve been downing.

The Cubs finally dropped one to the Cardinals. Sucks even more in that I was hoping that a season sweep of the Cards would be the only shining light in an otherwise more than normally disappointing season. Oh well, maybe next year we’ll have Wood and Lee back to full strength and perhaps Prior for more than ½ an inning, that combination could just leave us Cubbie fans with our normal degree of embitterment.

Hey, don’t look now but it’s possible I wasted less of your life on this post then on the previous mindless dribbling.
Bravo Me.

Talk at ya soon!!!

Comments:
Fun read anyway! You're doin' good, Sport.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?