Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

This Post Goes Absolutely Nowhere And Therefore May Not Necessarily Warrant A Title- None The Less I Suggest You Read It

I can’t quite figure out how to talk about going to or being at the gym without sounding like some sort of meathead. Like if someone asks “What ya doing after work?” I’m supposed to say “I’m gonna go work out” then kiss my bicep or something.
The simple fact is- I’m really planning on going to the gym, and yes I’m aware that I’m not exactly huge.

Matt’s back at Paradigm Shift. He’s a good friend and has an interesting, intelligent, Christian perspective on things. Nice change of pace from most of the stuff hovering in the blogosphere. Besides, he’s forgotten more about audio than I know.
Hey Matt, how ‘bout that shift from HK and Infinity to Dennon and Boston Acoustics? We better get some KILLER first time accommodations.

Made some updates to my template. My e-mail should be working now.

Celebrity I’m in love with this week-
Zooey Deschanel.

I found something kind of annoying about my ‘new’ truck- the interior is so small that at night the dashboard lights reflect off the back window and I can see them in the rear-view mirror. Not exactly a design flaw (my S-10 did the same thing) but just annoying. Flipping the little lever thing on the mirror doesn’t help either.

I have perfected the art of baking boneless chicken breasts. It’s all I ever eat for my work lunches and I’m still not bored with it. Le’me know if you want to know a few tricks.

Jawamily has finally updated her (staggeringly well written) blog page and I have a few notes for her-
1- Although you dog may be quite amazing she is NOT the greatest dog in the world, mine is. Her name is Ringo the Atomic Dog.
2- I too am wildly hilarious, yet I am also witty.
3- I once owned a Volkswagen Beetle… and it was pink. No kidding. I fixed that sucker up, customized it and chose a light pink with electric blue trim. Someday I’ll scan a picture and post it.
Sweet-Cheeks, given the above it is quite obvious that I am fanatically cooler than you. Yes, your feelings do not betray you- your mind is perfectly within reason to envy me. Carry on…

“The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy” and “The Lady in White” are in regular HBO rotation. I can’t not watch either of them.

I’m still going to watch Mel Gibson’s “Apocalypto” when it comes out. He’s a good filmmaker, just like Wagner was a good composer.
On the flipside of that coin I’m reading “Night” by Elie Wiesel. It takes about a day and a half to read and that’s a day and a half well spent. Once you get past the fact that Oprah recommends it, you’ll be glad you read it.

This week’s driving to work c.d.- Rancid’s “…and Out Come the Wolves”

Haven’t ridden in over a week, it’s just too damn hot. Instead I’ve been trying to hop on the elliptical at the gym. Excuse me for a second; I have to kiss my bicep.

After I leave work tomorrow I’ll be on vacation for a full week. Other than a trip to Effingham on Saturday I’ll be doing nothing much more than sleeping- a lot.

I’ve decided that sometime within the next year or so I want to take a trip to New York. However, I want to do it right. I don’t mind the touristy stuff, I mean there’s a reason why it’s touristy in the first place, but I also want to do some cool, once in a lifetime, only real New Yorkers know about this, kind of stuff. I need to get some advice from a resident- Eileen, I’m looking in your direction…

What’s my opinion on Floyd Landis? Well I’m upset but not shocked that he did it, after all, he is a cyclist and those guys full of more chemicals than Pam Anderson’s chest. However, he’s claiming that the UCI has an agenda against him (that is to say Americans) and quite frankly he might just be right. There are just too many breaks in procedures to not question the findings.
I will say this in the defense of cycling, I’ve heard others (i.e. Jason who pussied out on writing his page- no more ‘Thoughts and Rants’ which is ok ‘cause it was more Rants than thoughts) note that cycling is the most corrupt sport on the planet. I’m not so sure that’s true. I think it would be more accurate to say that it’s the most accurately tested sport on the planet. Name me another (major) sport that uses the latest testing techniques on its athletes before, during and after an event? Really, baseball tests like 1% of it’s players and it looks for stuff that guys haven’t used for years, the NBA is joke that just kinda hides in the woodworks with little or no attention (Karl Malone anyone? Come’on) and don’t even get me started on the NFL.

I wish I had a chance to watch more “Reno 911,” It’s really one of the top 5 funniest shows currently on TV.

I have all sorts of people crawling out of the woodworks that “can’t wait for me to meet one of their newly single friends.” Um, not sure how I feel about that but who am I to block options?

I have this pair of grey Addias running shoes that are my favorite pair of shoe ever… I’ve had them for like 3 years and wear them just about everywhere so they’re not only stylish, but reliable. However, recently two holes started to appear in each shoe where they bend when walking, so had to get a new pair. I actually found a pair of New Balance (at Sears of all places) that were the same color grey and had the same dark red trim. So, they look pretty much exactly like the old pair. I know I should try to expand my horizons but sometimes- if it aint broke…

Getting a new tattoo soon. It’s this Romanian dragon thing (honoring my Transylvanian heritage, goes with the Mexican tattoo on my arm) that I’m having a guy in Carbondale work on. The current figure is a one-dimensional, all black figure from an embroidery. I’m not sure if I want it very similar and simple as it is now, or if I want it to be shaded and dimensional (perhaps some color). I’ll have him come up with quite a few ideas and we’ll go from there. It’s a lot more expensive to do it that way, but when it comes to something that will be on my body for the rest of my life, I want options baby.
It’ll go on my leg where it will still be covered with a pair of knee-length shorts (which really is the only kind of shorts I should EVER wear). I’ll scan the final drawing when it’s done but here’s a scan of the original-
Scratch that- for some reason blogger won't let me up load any pics on this post, hense the link with no image of Lady Miss Zooey- I'll try later.

Well, that’s ‘bout it. Took you a few minuets to read that huh? Well guess what suckers, you’ll never have them back- so eat it!! Sorry for not having much to say lately but it’s been kinda crazy ‘round here. Oh well, no worries. Hope you all, my dear zealots, are doing well.

Live long and prosper…

Comments:
I GOT A REFERENCE!

You're cooler than me, for sure. Poo.

But my dog can still beat up your dog.
 
"Staggeringly well written" is well said describing Miss Jawamily up there. I like how she describes herself as nerd of all nerd children, like Kind of Nerds, but truly is the coolest chick.

Ask me anything about things you might wanna do in good ol' NY of C! Then buy me a martini when you arrive!

Also, please e-mail with your baked chicken secrets.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?