Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

If I don’t Stop Worrying I’ll Loose My Hair, And Then I’ll Be Really Screwed

There’s a lot of stigmas that I’m proud to say don’t apply to me- recovering meth addict, former inmate, voted for Gore, the list goes on and on.
Regardless I’ve been pining lately over my supposedly created stigma of ‘recently divorced guy’.
You see, everything is rallying to a head- just accepted an offer (a very nice one as a matter of fact) on my (our) house, and I should be signing divorce papers within the next week or so. But, it’s got me thinking again of the future.
Even though dating again should be the last thing on my mind, I can’t help but to think that I’m now more un-desirable than ever. I have this vision in my head of the following converstaion-
“Oh, who’s the cute guy talking to your boyfriend, and why am I so strangely attracted to his shaved legs?”
“Well, he shaves his legs because he thinks he’s a cyclist and yes I find it oddly erotic as well, but his name is Kirk. He’s smart, funny, has a great job, nice guy, and your timing is good- he’s newly single.”
“Just broke up with his girlfriend huh?”
“Nope, just divorced his nutcase of a wife.”
“Divorced? Hummm. Oh, who’s the cute guy with the prison tattoo and crack pipe?”

Now everyone I know, including my own head tells me that this is just ignorant. Young divorced people are (unfortunately) pretty common, and most potential mates could really care less. As a matter of fact, as my friend Tiffany put it- it’s so common people just think of it as a ‘starter marriage.’
None the less it’s driving me crazy. I suppose it’s normal, but I just hope I can get over it. I guess its one of those things that will just go away with time.
...at least I hope so.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?