Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

I Am, I Am, I Am, Superman- And I Can Do Anything


Just a little old school REM for y’all.
So I gots me a little mini-vacation going on. Mini ‘cause it’s only two days off, but if falls after a Wednesday off and the weekend so it’s really like being gone for five days.
Anyhoo I started out by getting up way to early, then finding out that my e-mail, which was to be up by now was still out. So I muttered around and tried to make a breakfast, only to find I desperately needed to go to the grocery store.
Stopped by Wal-Mart to return a defective fishing reel (my dad and I have started fishing, but more on that during another post) and to pick up a new one. I found however that if you go to Wal-Mart just after 9am you miss the crowd with jobs, and you’re too early to hit the customers who don’t have jobs- I suppose they're still sleeping in, watching 'The View', whatever. To make my point there was only one person ahead of my at customer service. Nice.
Then took off for some groceries. Now, it’s a well known fact that I must make out a list before I buy groceries lest I spend about $700 more than I originally intended. The list helps me keep that under control. The only items I picked up that weren’t on the list were some white seedless grapes and a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough. Ummm, Toll House.
Got home and tried to figure out my e-mail problem, then finally someone at Verizon had the balls to tell me that not only could they not fix my problem, but when I move it will happen again. So, if anyone has tried to send me something in the last few days please resend (drop me a comment and I’ll forward the new address).
Then I did something I haven’t done I a loooong time. I went to the movies. I guess today is the opening day for “Superman Returns” which I didn’t know, but I figured it’s a 12:30 in the afternoon showing so how bad could it be? Well, it wasn’t. I was one of about 10 people and they weren’t as annoying as the night crowds (I demand complete and utter silence in my movie going experiences). I got me some popcorn (not buttered of course) and took in the whole cinematic experience.
To say the least- this movie ROCKED!!! That Bryan Singer is a really good film-maker. The special effects are really outstanding but in addition to the big visual experiences they made, they also allowed for some subtletees that make the movie as a whole more realistic. You’ll notice that Superman’s flying scenes just seem more natural, something I’m sure they couldn’t have done in the originals. Also, there’s about six or seven shots that (as stills) just take your breath away.
The acting and casting is great- Kate Bosworth whom I’ve never really seen before is my new girl friend, Parker Posey I have seen before and is still my girl friend, Brandon Routh is a tall drink of water that makes us mortals feel like chumps (but was a really good casting choice) and Kevin Spacey is, well he’s Kevin damn Spacey… so yeah, he’s awesome.
Script and story were good, with a nice little surprise that I’m shocked was kept under wraps for so long.
In a nutshell, do yourself a favor and go see it. It’s one of those big blockbuster types (done well) that just looks better on the big screen.
After that I went home and baked cookies. I then dipped them (while still oven hot) in a big glass of milk.
Yup, I’m gonna have some good time off.

Comments:
Nice start! Hot cookies and milk! Yummy! Superman! Meow!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?