Friday, May 19, 2006

 

My Birthday Is In February, So You Should Probably Start Saving Now


Although I’m currently an Onkyo owner (at 50% retail I really didn’t have a choice) don’t think for a second I’m not eyeing Harmon Kardon’s AVR 745, due out in July.
Oh man is this thing a beast.

Digital audio meets digital video. Ready for the future, the AVR 745’s DCDi® by Faroudja video processing flawlessly upscales all incoming video to 720p or 1080i high definition and outputs it through an HDMI™ jack. On the audio side, direct HDMI connection to compatible DVD-Audio players, USB playback from compatible digital audio sources and XM-Ready® capability for digital satellite radio greatly expand your digital options. Our advanced EzSet/EQ II system, 7.2-channel capability, TC 30 remote and more make this the most flexible AVR we’ve ever produced.

The DCDi isn’t anything new but I’ve seen it and it’s amazing. What did catch my eye is the DVD-A option that connects direct via HDMI. Opposed to the my current multi-channel direct currents which are through a series of 6 RCAs, I’m assuming HDMI (or High Definition Media Interface) has an increased bandwidth for more accurate and stronger signal ratios. But then again I might just be blowing smoke up all your asses with my nerdy A/V techno-babble. Really, my friend Matt over at Paradigm Shift could not only explain it a lot better than me, but he’ll actually be accurate.
Anyhoo, one of my perks at work is that I get some pretty good manufacture’s discounts so if y’all want to pitch in to buy this for me it will only set you back $1584.00 opposed to the msrp of $2999.00.
So let’s get to it people.

Comments:
Other than the $1,584 to $2,999 price range for this gizmo, I didn't understand a word of your breathless rave.

Kerr M.
 
Um, it makes things look and sound pretty.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?