Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Lonely, Lonely, Lonely Monday Morning


About two to four times a year, the weather takes some sort of weird turn (well actually not weird, they’re called “seasons” and it happens all the time) and it causes me some nasty sinus migraines.
Got one about 9:30 last night but went into work anyway- just to make sure everything got started off ok.
One good thing about the sunless cave of hopelessness that I call my bedroom is that with all the light blocked out it makes for a perfect recovery sanctuary for migraines. Oh, and I’m just kidding about the ‘cave of hopelessness’ thing- it’s really not that bad at all, and I’m doing quite well myself- it just sounded funny that way.
So there actually were a few issues at work that I had to address so I hung out ‘till about 3am, and then somehow managed to waddle my way back home. I slept for a good 6 hours or so and am now feeling a little better. I suspect by noon (ironically the time which I’d be getting out of work anyway, I’ll be back to near normal. By 3 or 4 I might even be able to squeeze in a ride.
What’s nice about my migraines (talk about finding a silver lining) is that when they’re done, they’re done. No hanging out for a few days, they just kinda disappear- usually within two hours of their descent, not to return for at least 4 months.
So today, I’m a veggie.
Oh, and if you get the reference to the post’s title, then you are truly a music phenom.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?