Friday, May 19, 2006

 

In Case You Were Wondering


So just what is it that I do that requires me to start work at 11:30pm? Nope, I’m not manning the night shift at 7-11, but sometimes I feel like that may be less stress (he, he, snort).
I work in distribution for (as the attached article states) Circuit City. My gig as a supervisor is to ensure that the daily download (what’s going out in shipping that day) arrives and is implemented properly, and to oversee the selection of non-conveyable items- that is items such as TVs that cannot ride a conveyor belt. This and about a million other things in-between.
It’s a great job that keeps my mind at attention as well as a nice mix of administrative and labor- meaning when necessary I do sit in my office, but I’m also out and around and NOT getting bored in front of a computer. I also work with some great people (who incidentally have been really supportive during this craptacular time).
Anyway there was a write-up in a local paper on our facility that points out some staggering numbers concerning our operation (size of building, etc.) that are interesting even to me… and I work here.
If ya wanna check it out then click HERE.
…Just What I Needed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?