Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

…And This Week’s Reality Show Sell Out Whore Is- Andrew Lloyd Webber

Oh.. my… God.
I’ve been told from time to time that I’m a pretty creative guy, yet even I can’t make this shit up. I suppose I’ll just quote-
LONDON (Reuters) - Julie Andrews wannabes lined up on Friday to audition for a reality TV show with a new twist -- the winner gets the lead role in a new Andrew Lloyd Webber stage production of "The Sound of Music."
A BBC spokeswoman for the "How Do I Solve A Problem Like Maria?" show said more than 1,000 hopefuls had applied for the London weekend of auditions at the Wembley conference center.
They will be gradually whittled down to 10 finalists with television viewers voting for who should star in the London West End production due to open at the end of the year.

I remember when I was a kid and every time “The Sound Of Music” came on my Mom would MAKE me watch it. She says it was to give me a little culture, but instead I think she may have had some Freudian longing for me to be a raging homo (all apologies for that term, especially to those readers of mine who actually are raging homos). As I grew older, and got to the point where I could appreciate things formally forced upon me for myself, well I still didn’t like it. I think it’s my weird dislike for Julie Andrews… she’s just so androgenisticly perfect, and she knows it. Trust me, “Victor Victoia” was total type-casting.
Either way, if you like “The Sound Of Music” or not, this still seems like some sort of sacrilege.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?