Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

It’s April 1st And The Cubs Are In Mid-Season Form

Both Kerry Wood and Mark Prior have been placed on the 15 day disabled list.
Shit
Why, why do I insist on being a Cubs fan? It would be different if I lived say, North of Champaign, but I live less than two hours from St. Louis. Hell, I lived in St. Louis. I’ve been to only one game (one beautiful game) at Wrigley and countless games at Busch.
I suppose it was that first time that I saw Dunston to Sandburg (and later to Grace), or the 4 D threat of Dunston, Durham, Davis and Dawson.
I dunno, but either way I’ll continue to stand by my team. That’s what it’s all about huh?

Yep, opening day is mere hours away, and once again all life on this earth will have meaning.

Comments:
Kirk...be strong. You'll never get any satisfaction if you switch to the Cards.

Only one game??? That's a darn shame. I live right near Wrigley. Lucky me.
 
The funniest thing about Wrigley is that nearby there's a VERY gay club called (I'm not kidding here) "The Manhole."
Classic.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?