Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Speaking of the Super Bowl…

I never did mention, the football gods were smiling upon me and decided my Steel Curtained sole was pure enough that they sent me the HiDef feed for the entire game.
To say it looked great is an understatement of 1080i proportions.
I’m not sure, but it seems to me that the over the air feed looks better than say, DiscoveryHD over satellite. Perhaps it’s the cameras. I’m sure ABC used the best in the vault for the biggest television show on the planet. Either way, it was good enough to hear my wife say “it’s like you’re there on the field,” and she has NO interest in my crazy AV crap.
I sure home the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics come in, NBC can be fussy in my neck of the woods.

Comments:
You know what's fucked up, but good because I came out ahead on this one? St. Louis is about the 32nd largest market, TV wise. First, the ABC affiliate is SO fucking cheap, they don't even have local news up here. Instead they have Millionaire, Family Feud, and (Thank the maker) an hour of the Simpsons from 6-7 pm. Second, they will not "give" their HD signal to the main cable provider, Charter. From what I understand, there was some deal they were wanting Charter to pay for it, and Charter said, "Fuck you very much". But, their over the air HD is up and ready. My point; all these people that bought, big, nice facny new Plasmas and LCDs for the Super Bowl, but they didn't have a over the air tuner included, got FUCKED come Sunday!!! Mine came with a tuner, but I really didn't think I needed one at the time (1.5 years). I was like "I'm going to get my signal through cable anyway, why would I want a tuner?" Well, my friends to enjoy my favorite boys kick ass in the Super Bowl and also for MNF, which was in HD all year too. It’s good to be me sometimes.
 
Actually, K-dog, if you were still in the sales side of the biz, you'd remember that the OTA signals are uncompressed and unprocessed HD signals...so, they look SIGNIFICANTLY better than any sattelite HD feed. Your DiscoveryHD feed has been processed and compressed at least three to five times before it hits your dish and receiver. DirecTV should look hella better when they switch over to MPEG-4...of course, that means new recievers and new dishes for everyone...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?