Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Precious Things


As I sat down to write a post, any post- I hadn’t a clue what yet, I put on my iTunes and it randomly played Tori Amos’ “Little Earthquakes.”
It occurred to me, there are some records that are just timeless. This is one of those few that I enjoy every song. Even some of my favorites, “Rubber Sole,” “Pet Sounds,” “The Wall,” “News of The World,” all have one or two tracks I could do without.
Not this one. Her later albums are pretty good as well, but something about the rawness of “Little Earthquakes” really appeals to me.

Tell me, where the pretty girls are-
Those demigods
With their nine inch nails and little fascist panties tucked inside the heart of every nice girl

Brilliant.

Comments:
You're the best. I love Tori Amos. And I, too, just purchased a cell phone. Last week.

Hope you had a great day! Check ya later --
Steigfried
 
In case anyone is wondering who this "Steigfried" character is, well it's the author of THE BEST pop culture blog out there- Trixter. Check it out on my links. I have often considered starting my own in the very same style as the Trixter, but have been way too lazy.
Yep, it'll be like stealing, but so is downloading free music. I consider both a sort of perverse form of flattery.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?