Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Getting Better All The Time

I hate to gloat about how my day was, lest the proverbial other shoe drops, but none the less…
After getting out of work a little early I laid down for a quick nap then decided to takes me a spin on El Fantasma (that’s the new name for the road bike). I stepped outside to a beautiful day. When I left it was around 58 but it got up to 63 very quickly.
It was a good ride. Since I hadn’t had a chance to get out in the past few weeks I assumed I’d do a leisurely, slow ride around a small, six mile loop that I reserve for such days. Yet, for whatever reason I took a left instead of a right and did a whole new loop that I’d never done before. I wasn’t even sure if it would turn out to be a loop, but I just kept making turns that seemed like they would lead me in the right direction. All said I went 11.5 miles in just under an hour. Not a great feat of endurance by any means, but I was hardly tired and toughly enjoyed every mile.
Tomorrow I have the day off. I gotta drive to Jackson to get my teeth cleaned in the a.m. (about an hour’s drive) but then I get home to what should be 68 degrees with some cloud cover.
Ahhh, brilliant.
I’m not sure, but I’m hoping I can break out the short sleeve jersey for the first time this year.
What’s more, on the side of the road I saw a small patch of yellow crocuses in bloom already. Spring’s right around the corner y’all.

Comments:
Some ride El Fantasama...others just lower the Jeep's top.
 
In my mind, Spring always starts March 1st - regardless of what the weather is doing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?