Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

From A Nor’easter To A Winter Advisory

There’s a character in Douglas Adams’ “So Long and Thanks for All the Fish” who is famous for having rain follow him wherever he goes. Apparently he’s a real guy and he has a bastard half-cousin who possesses the same phenomena, only with snow.
That bastard is me.
As I stated a few posts ago, I left last week for the Baltimore / Washington DC area (Brandywine MD. to be exact). My connecting flight from St. Louis must have left just in time because all others after were canceled. I arrived in Baltimore early enough to miss the bulk of the snowfall. Where I was, there wasn’t much accumulation of snow, but it came down really fast so I suppose visibility was the issue. It also kinda depended on where exactly you were at. DC is only about 20 miles or so from Brandywine and apparently they got buried, where I was only got about 10 inches.
I took a few pictures with my phone, but they didn’t come out very well, but it looked sort’a like this-








Anyhoo, I left MD. to do some unpleasant work in beautiful Akron, OH. Guess what, after a week or so of beautiful weather I arrived to freezing cold and 40 mph. winds. Yeah.
I didn’t get any pictures, but it looked sort’a like this-










So, I get home, re-introduce myself to my wife and dogs, go to sleep and wake up to 4 or so inches of snow outside my window.
I didn’t get any pictures, but it looks sort’a like this-









Gene, prep. a bed 'cause I'm heading your way. I could use some Cal-i-for-ni-a.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?