Monday, February 27, 2006

 

…And I Think To Myself, What A Wonderful World

I’m sure you’ve heard about it already, or perhaps just read about it in the paper. Either way it’s one of those things that reminds us why we as a people are, at our base, inherently good.
This is why I love sports.
Below is a link, click it and then look to the right of your screen for a video link titled “Autistic Teen’s Hoop Dreams.”

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK

I’m not so proud to say that I got pretty choked up watching this… you know, forget that, the damn thing made me cry.
I suppose I could go on and on, pointing out the finer things that comprise its whole (like his quote “I was hot as a pistol” damn, that floored me) but it really just speaks for itself. So instead I’ll leave you with the words of Jason’s mother, who has a future as a poet-

"This is the first moment Jason has ever succeeded (and could be) proud of himself," reflects Debbie McElwain. "I look at autism as the Berlin Wall, and he cracked it."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?