Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

26.3 Million Viewers Can’t Be Wrong

I’m a big fan of the Olympics, but I’m like most Americans in that I enjoy watching the Summer Games a just little more than the Winter Games. But, Winter is o.k. and I’ll take a peek when I can.
However, as you may have heard, American Idol blew the Olympics right out of the water (or ice) in the ratings war. While the Olympics drew in 16.1 million viewers, Idol drew in 26.3.
How can that be?
First off, does anyone know a Neilson Family? Are the Neilson’s still around? Is there some other avenue of tracking viewers (and if so, is it invading my privacy)?
Second, and more importantly, if American Idol is so damned popular- why don’t I know anyone who watches it? It’s like Mariah Carey, she’s sold more albums than any other female performer, yet I don’t know of one person who actually owns one.
I hope these aren’t the same bean counters that run Federal elections.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?