Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Just Good T.V.

HDNet has been running episodes of “Hogan’s Heroes” lately and I gotta say that I’m drawn to it like a heroin addict to a World Bank protest.
This show is really great as an example of the PC world we now reside in. Think about it- it’s a comedy about Nazi prison camps. If that’s not a breeding ground for laughs, I don’t know what is. Could you possibly imagine the pitch meeting on this show?
“Nothin’ says funny like the Nazis.”
On a purely video standpoint, it looks pretty good. Originally shot on film it’s darned close to HD although the colors are a little lacking. If you look closely enough you can see the exact spot where Bob Crain’s head will be bashed in by the very same tri-pod used to film him stooping 15 year old runaways.
But all in all I’ve come to the conclusion that Werner Klemperer is one of my favorite actors of all time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?