Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

...and we're back.

Sorry ‘bout that. Hey, I’ve been working like a gillion hours and- You know, scratch that; way to adolescent for an opening line. Let’s try this again.
Sorry ‘bout the wait folks. My work schedule has me busier than a hummingbird on crack. Anyhoo, here’s the lowdown on the Christmas-
Brother came into town, nice to see him for the ½ a day that I get once a year. Really we just sat around and made fun of people who live great parts of their lives in denial. You just kinda gotta be there to see the conversation weave it’s way into the setting.
We got my mom some new flooring for Christmas. Her carpet is quite raggedy so we made her a certificate good for either carpet or laminate flooring. She’s going with the laminate, which is welcome as I can install that myself and save a boatload of cash.
Got Dad a buffer for when he waxes his new Jeep, but he already had one so it continently turned itself into a Home Depot gift card.
On my front the wife picked me out a class IV trailer hitch for the truck. Mind you, I don’t own a trailer, nor do I pull anything with my truck… yet. It’s a total testosterone gift and I’m quite happy with it. My brother got us a hammock; I am SO looking forward to using that.
Dad and his wife got us an outside, brass thermometer. Very nice.
Also my mom, the world’s busiest scrap booker, made me a scrapbook of my life- spanning all 25 –er 35ish years. It’s a good thing to have with all sorts of keepsakes.
So that’s the material holiday in a nutshell.
It was kind of weird not seeing any of ‘the guys’ that I normally see, but we’re mostly all married and have kids so it’s tough enough just fitting the immediate family into the schedule. Unfortunately for me, gift buying trips to the mall that somehow morph into 4 hour drinking sessions at Applebee’s just isn’t in the cards anymore.
Good, otherwise I’d have to be good all year so Santa could get me that new liver.

Comments:
If you were at your dad's on Sunday, you probably saw my dad whip the Freestar into Mr. Sullins's driveway on his somewhat futile attempt to find us some canned corn for Xmas lunch. (Note: when your mom tells you, "Oh, sure, I've got corn" -- CHECK.)

Luckily, Mr. S came through with some Mexicorn or we would have been forced to beg at Gus's door for corn. Weird, huh, that in Illinois we couldn't find corn. Marion really needs a 24-hour Walgreens.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?