Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

This Is Way To Interesting To Be Considered A Time Killer

Like "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy?" Sure ya do (and if you don't, leave this page, never to return again).
Aside from myself and Gene, there is probably only one or two of you out there that remember its old computer game. One of the best selling of it's time, it was a wonder. I actually had a copy that I would play on my Commodore 128 for hours upon end.
Well, if you feel like traveling back to the good ol’ days of pre-graphic amusement (solely cerebral) then grin a geeky smile for its back and at your fingertips.
There are two versions to choose from, both with original text.
First there is this one, (based on Java)presented in its original, text only format. The downside is that you cannot stop the game and go back, gotta leave it running.
Then there is this one. Created by the BBC it still has the original text, plus some still-frame graphics that will let you go a little less insane. The user interface is a little updated and I think (haven’t had time to play it to much) you can stop and go back.
This is one of those things that I specifically will never do at work. After all, they pay me to be productive.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?